AWS System AdministratorApply Now
Earth-i is developing analytics and insights products based on Earth Observation images and video from satellites. We are using advanced techniques such as Machine Learning, AI, Computer Vision and many more to derive meaning from the satellite data. Our products run on the Amazon Web Services cloud platform and we are looking for a skilled DevOps engineer to set up and manage the Amazon Web Services development and production environments used by Earth-i.
Working closely with the development teams to design, set up, deploy and manage the Amazon Web Services environments to be used for the development and delivery of Earth-i’s products and services. This includes developing and implementing a security model to ensure the integrity and availability of Earth-i’s AWS based systems and services.
- Design and architecture of the AWS environments in collaboration with the development teams
- Creating automation scripts to deploy instances of environments
- Designing and implementing a security model to protect the environments and the data
- Implementing, monitoring and management of environments to ensure both capacity flexing to meet demand and also ensuring that unused AWS resources are released to avoid unnecessary costs
- Optimizing AWS environments to deliver performance and cost effectiveness
- Working with the development teams to research, prototype and evaluate relevant AWS services to meet the needs of Earth-i’s products
- Management of AWS billing to ensure effective cost management
- Extensive experience in designing, scripting, deploying and managing AWS environments
- Good knowledge of management of AWS EC2, S3, Glacier, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, DynamoDB, Athena, Route 53 (DNS), Step Functions
- AWS ECS, FarGate, microservices management, Docker, Kinesis
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
Today, we supply 80cm resolution satellite imagery from the DMC3 Constellation, and in the future, from our own constellation of high resolution Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Project Manager to join our growing Client Services department in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.