Bid ManagerApply Now
Earth-i is seeking a Bid Manager to join our growing team of Earth Observation professionals. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to lead the preparation of high-quality bids and proposals for submission to institutional funding agencies and to commercial customers of Earth-i.
The role requires organisation, initiative, attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to deliver high quality work to fixed and often short deadlines. The role carries significant responsibility to help deliver the growth targets of the company and offers the opportunity to develop and take on responsibility and end-to-end ownership of opportunities as the candidate proves their effectiveness.
You will ensure the successful initiation, planning, writing, review and delivery of high quality bids and proposals to external customers and institutions. This will include working on proposals with varying degrees of scale and complexity, covering topics ranging from product or service delivery propositions to research and development projects. The work will often involve progressing multiple proposals in parallel in order to meet the submission deadlines for each one.
You will manage the preparation of planning and costing information for the proposals, drawing upon input from our technical and management teams, and you will manage relationships external partners and collaborators to obtain their timely contributions to the proposal documents and to the planning and costing. You will also assist in maintaining the company’s bid/proposal collateral, and will ensure compliance to our internal bid management procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a Bid Manager or proposal coordinator in the space sector or a similar domain, and will show understanding of project delivery constraints and challenges to the extent that these need to be reflected in successful bids and proposals.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in written form, have excellent team work skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional approach. They will be proficient in the MS-Office suite of tools including project management software such as MS-Project. It would be advantageous to have some experience within the space, satellite or Earth Observation industry and experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management System.
- Manage the successful initiation, execution and submission of bids and proposals, including the creation and ownership of proposal documentation
- Preparation of project cost models and resource plans for proposals, with input gathered from Earth-i’s technical and management teams
- Preparation of project management plans, risk management plans, risk registers, and other documents needed for submission with the proposals
- Ensure proposals meet required quality standards and comply with the customer specifications or requirements
- Ensure compliance to Earth-i’s bid management processes
- Attend occasional customer visits/meetings to understand requirements
- Support the contract negotiation phase by providing elaborations or clarifications on the proposal as needed to secure the associated contracts
- Previous bid writing and bid management/coordination experience
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS-Office tools including MS-Project
- Delivery of high quality work to fixed deadlines
- Management of multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
- Experience in the Space or Satellite Earth Observation sector
- Experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management environment
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products. We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat and KOMPSAT Constellations, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Front-End Engineer to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey. Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.