Earth-i's Client Services Department is seeking a professional, client-facing individual with GIS / EO Imagery experience to join our growing team of imagery and contract management specialists.
The Client Services team is responsible for delivering on client contracts, ensuring excellence in client service delivery and maintaining high customer satisfaction. This includes managing the successful delivery of image data, processing and value-added services.
In addition, the team looks for opportunities to expand the scope of services provided by Earth-i for existing and new customers, and is responsible for managing a range of supplier relationships.
For contracts you are responsible for, you will provide support to and deliver on Earth-i contracts for imaging and related services, as well as applying project management skills to assure success in long term projects. You will also provide technical bid support to the sales and commercial teams pre-contract, take the lead on client relations throughout the delivery period and manage client handovers post-contract.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in written form, they will have excellent team work skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional customer service approach. It is expected that the successful candidate will also have some experience in client services, project management and/or delivery within the satellite or Earth Observation industry, be proficient with a range of IT systems and industry specific software, and will be a quick learner. A degree in a GIS, remote sensing or similar field would be beneficial, as would a recognised project management qualification, and/or experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management System.
- Client services / contract delivery / project management:
- Manage contract delivery and ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage customer communications throughout the delivery period
- Ensure imagery is tasked and acquired, then delivered
- Conduct required value added service activity as needed, e.g. pan-sharpening, image registration, ortho-rectification, mosaicking etc.
- Check products meet required quality standards using GIS and image processing software
- Work from a customer-centric standpoint
- Join occasional customer and supplier visits
- Support customer geographical data preparation
- Provide on call support as necessary including evenings and weekends
- Technical bid support:
- Manage or support the technical bid writing process for complex tenders
- Use satellite planning software to reliably forecast imaging opportunities
- Prepare supplier feasibility requests for satellite imaging
- Ensure proposed contracts can be delivered based on prepared simulations and feasibility requests
- Perform image archive searches on behalf of customers
- Technical or scientific background or training
- Understanding of Earth Observation/imagery/data processing, manipulation and delivery
- Experience with a range of GIS and image processing software (such as SaVoir, PCI Geomatica, ENVI, ArcGIS)
- Experience delivering earth observation products or services and/or client services experience
- Degree in space or Earth Observation/geomatics related subject or field
- Experience delivering satellite earth observation or imagery products and associated services
- Recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, AgilePM, APM, ITIL, etc.)
- Experience using SalesForce or similar CRM system
- Experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management environment
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
Today, we supply 80cm resolution satellite imagery from the DMC3 Constellation, and in the future, from our own constellation of high resolution Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a GIS / EO Imagery specialist to join our growing Client Services department in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role also qualifies for a generous benefits package including private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.
To apply for this role send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.