This role will Data Scientist will work with the Software Development team to build capabilities and products that deliver information to inform our customer’s decisions. Earth-i has a product roadmap that uses Machine Learning and AI techniques to extract data from satellite imagery and video such as object identification, object counting, 3D models, movement detection, patterns of life and many more. This data is then used to create deep insights using Data Science for our customers.
- Collaborate with Software Development, Product, Marketing and Sales to formulate customer facing analytics and insights products
- Use Data Science techniques to develop algorithmic analysis of data
- Present data output in an actionable way to inform customer’s decision making processes
- Innovate and discover new opportunities to derive customer value from Earth-i’s data
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics/Data Science role
- Degree in Statistics/Maths/Economics/Data Science or similar
- Experience with using statistical and analysis software such as R, Python, Matlab, SAS, Stata or similar
- Strong skills in data manipulation and presentation
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat and KOMPSAT Constellations, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Front-End Engineer to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.