Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for developing, progressing and capturing new business opportunities for Earth-i’s satellite-derived imagery and data products. You will provide support to the delivery of Earth-i’s business objectives and targets through securing contracts for satellite imaging and related services. The successful candidate will also perpetuate customer relationships and identify opportunities to expand the scope of services provided by Earth-i for existing and new customers.
Earth-i is a customer facing organisation where people are responsive, flexible and willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities. The role requires organisation, initiative, commitment and responsiveness to meet customer needs, some of which may be time critical. The international nature of the work requires open mindedness, patience, cultural awareness and an ability to travel as required. The role carries significant responsibility to help deliver the growth targets of the company and offers the opportunity to expand as the employee demonstrates their effectiveness.
- Identify and secure new clients for Earth-i for the supply of satellite Earth Observation data and services within the Government and institutional sector
- Management of existing and new clients
- Manage key Government agency and institutional relationships
- Identify new Government agency tenders
- Develop relationships with key Government agency procurement bodies
- Raise the awareness of the Earth-i capability
- Identify areas for new product development
- Identify local partners for service delivery where required
- Develop, maintain and execute plans to capture new business
- Produce and maintain prospect summaries, capture plans, report and sales forecasts on a regular basis
- International travel as required
- Monitor market trends and competitive environment
- Sound technical understanding of satellite data products, services and applications
- Ability to enthusiastically convey messages and benefits to clients
- Organised and with good time management sills
- Excellent business acumen and instinct
- Excellent sales and commercial skills; driven to achieve
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Independent operator with strong interpersonal skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good IT skills
- Success securing new business opportunities in a high technology sales environment across wide client base including government and intentional markets on an international basis
- Experience of leading long term bid opportunities
- Experience of operating independently in international markets
- Working within structured sales process and achieving targets
- Ability to speak a second language would be desirable
- A university degree or higher education qualification in a relevant subject is preferred
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
Today, we supply 80cm resolution satellite imagery from the DMC3 Constellation, and in the future, from our own constellation of high resolution Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Government and Institutional Sales Manager join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role also qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.
To apply for this role send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.