Working with our existing team, you will be mentored by experienced specialists, offering a great opportunity to learn a range of niche skills. You will develop into a customer service role, providing support to the Client Services team and enabling Earth-i to continue successful delivery of contracts for Earth Observation imagery and related services.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, they will have excellent team work skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional approach. It is expected that the successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Geography, Remote Sensing, GIS or similar/related specialism, be proficient with a range of software, and will be a quick learner.
- You will be provided with guidance and training as necessary to ensure you are able to perform this role and it is expected that you will gradually take on its full responsibilities as you progress.
- Client services / contract delivery responsibilities will include supporting or assisting in a variety of tasks, for example:
- Contract delivery and ensure customer satisfaction
- Customer communications throughout the delivery period
- Ensuring imagery is tasked and acquired, then delivered
- Conducting required value-added service activity, e.g. pan-sharpening, image registration, ortho-rectification, mosaicking etc.
- Quality control of products, ensuring they meet required quality standards using GIS and image processing software
- Customer service and troubleshooting
- Support customer geographical data preparation
- Provide on call support as necessary including occasional evenings and weekends
- Technical or scientific background or training
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Geography, Remote Sensing, GIS or similar/related specialism
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat Constellation, KOMPSAT series of satellites and SuperView Constellation, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites. We have already launched our demonstrator satellite, VividX2, which provides the first full colour video data sets from space.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Imagery/GIS Specialist to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.