This role will provide administrative support to a range of projects, including client contract delivery and research & development projects. You will help to ensure their successful planning, execution, monitoring, and completion. You will assist in maintaining the company’s project management infrastructure and ensuring compliance to relevant procedures and may also be expected to support bid teams during pre-contract stages.
As the company continues to grow the role would ideally evolve to include increased responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have experience providing project support in an administrative or similar role and will have an interest in becoming a Project Manager in the future.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in written form, have excellent team-work skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional approach. It is expected that you will be proficient with a range of IT systems, including MS Office.
It would be beneficial (but not essential) to be familiar with project management software such as MS Project, and to have experience within the satellite or Earth Observation industry. Experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management System would also be beneficial.
Reporting to the Client Services Director and working closely with Project Manager/s, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the company’s various active projects, this will include:
- Preparation of project documentation such as business case, budget, management plan, milestone and other reports
- Arranging and attending project meetings, producing and distributing minutes, ensuring follow-up activities occur
- Assisting with the management of budgets, project tracking and collation of data for routine reporting
- Other administrative duties as required to support the successful initiation, execution and completion of the company’s projects
- Help to ensure compliance to project management processes and infrastructure
- Support the sales/bid team during pre-project/bidding phase
- Work from a customer-centric standpoint
- Attend occasional customer and supplier visits, including overseas travel when required
- Provide on call support as necessary, including evenings and weekends
- Previous experience in a support or administrative role and in a project environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Understanding of MS Project (or equivalent)
- Experience in the remote sensing / Earth Observation industry
- Experience using SalesForce or similar CRM system
- Experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management environment
- Foundation or equivalent level recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, AgilePM, APM, etc.)
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat Constellation, KOMPSAT series of satellites and SuperView Constellation, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites. We have already launched our demonstrator satellite, VividX2, which provides the first full colour video data sets from space.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Project Administrator to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.