Project ManagerApply Now
Earth-i’s Client Services Department is seeking a Project Manager to join our growing team of imagery and contract management specialists. The Client Services team is responsible for delivering on client contracts, ensuring excellence in client service delivery and maintaining high customer satisfaction. This includes managing the successful delivery of image data, processing and value-added services.
In addition, the team looks for opportunities to expand the scope of services provided by Earth-i for existing and new customers, and is responsible for managing a range of supplier relationships.
You will ensure the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of the company’s internal and external projects. This will involve managing a range of projects including client contract delivery, internal, and research & development projects. You will provide planning and costing support to bid teams during pre-contract stages, and may be expected to own various supplier relationships. You will also assist in maintaining the company’s project management infrastructure and ensuring compliance to relevant procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a Project Manager or similar role, with a strong background in project delivery/support. The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in written form, have excellent team work skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional approach.
It is expected that the successful candidate will also be proficient in a range of IT systems including project management software such as MS Project. It would be advantageous to have some experience within the space, satellite or Earth Observation industry and experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management System.
- Manage the successful initiation, execution and completion of projects, including the creation and ownership of project documentation
- Ensure compliance to project management processes and infrastructure
- Support the sales/bid team during pre-project/bidding phase by preparing project cost models and resource planning
- Manage a variety of customer, internal or R&D projects as required
- Ensure project outputs and products meet required quality standards and that the projects themselves meet time/cost requirements, within approved tolerances
- Work from a customer-centric standpoint
- Attend occasional customer and supplier visits
- Provide on call support as necessary including evenings and weekends
- Support the technical bid writing process for complex tenders
- Previous project management experience
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders (internal or external)
- Good understanding of MS Project (or equivalent) and experience applying project management software to an active project
- Recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, AgilePM, APM)
- Experience in one of the following industries/sectors:
- Satellite Earth Observation
- Remote sensing
- Aerospace & Defence
- Experience using SalesForce or similar CRM system, MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- Experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management environment
- Practitioner or equivalent level recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, AgilePM, APM, etc.)
- Prior service with UK Armed Forces
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
Today, we supply 80cm resolution satellite imagery from the DMC3 Constellation, and in the future, from our own constellation of high resolution Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Project Manager to join our growing Client Services department in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.