Python Developer – ML & AIApply Now
Earth-i is looking for a Python Developer, with a focus on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, to work on our Earth Observation data, analytics and insights products.
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Salary: £32k-£42k (depending on experience)
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Closing Date: 05 October 2018
We are looking for a strong Python Engineer to work on our exciting satellite Earth Observation data analytics and insights platform and products. Your primary focus will be working on the development of backend Python code to deliver the functionality needed to meet our technology vision. As a Python Engineer you will be expected to contribute to our software architecture as well as our technology standards and choices.
You will also be responsible for integrating frontend elements built by colleagues into the backend; therefore, a basic understanding of frontend technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications & services
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end Engineers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions such as databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Actively participate in the definition and design of key architectures.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (e.g. Django, Flask…)
- Experience with using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for object and feature detection
- Experience in detecting and tracking moving objects
- Use of REST APIs
- Extensive experience in using development process tools including Jira, Confluence, Git, Bitbucket
- Experience building Python data analytics software using analytics libraries to support Data Science work
- Experience with Docker Containerization
- Understanding of Deep Learning Algorithms
- Experience with Cloud platforms, in particular AWS
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Familiarity with data analysis libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy and others
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Exposure to image processing
- Experience in extracting 3D models (DEMs and point clouds) from stereoscopic and multiple pair Earth Observation imagery
- Experience with delivering microservices will be an advantage
- Experience with Java and related framework(s)
- Experience with C++/C development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Computer Science or similar degree or relevant experience
- Development of backend for mobile application development (native or web) will be an advantage
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery, full colour video and other data sources.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat Constellation, KOMPSAT series of satellites and SuperView Constellation, and high-resolution full colour video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites. We have already launched our demonstrator satellite, VividX2, which provides the first full motion, full colour video data from space.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Python Developer to join our growing technology team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.