This role will support the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of the company’s internal and external projects. The role will involve providing project management support to a range of projects including client contract delivery, internal, and research & development projects. The successful candidate will provide planning and costing support to bid teams during pre-contract stages and may be expected to own various supplier relationships and/or small projects. You will also assist in maintaining the company’s project management infrastructure and ensuring compliance to relevant procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience delivering or supporting projects at an assistant project manager (or equivalent) level. They will be able to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in written form, have excellent team work skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional approach. It is expected that the successful candidate will also be proficient with a range of IT systems including project management software such as MS Project. It would be beneficial to have some experience in project management and/or client services within the satellite or Earth Observation industry and experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management System.
Reporting to the Client Services Director and working closely with Project Manager/s, you will:
- Support the successful initiation, execution and completion of the company’s projects, including the creation and ownership of project documentation
- Ensure compliance to project management processes and infrastructure
- Support the sales/bid team during pre-project/bidding phase by preparing project cost models and resource planning
- Support or manage customer, internal or R&D projects as required
- Ensure project outputs and products meet required quality standards and the projects themselves meet time/cost requirements, within approved tolerances
- Work from a customer-centric standpoint
- Attend occasional customer and supplier visits
- Provide on call support as necessary including evenings and weekends
- Support the technical bid writing process for complex tenders
- Undertake project manager responsibilities for some projects, as required
- Previous project management experience at an assistant project manager level (or equivalent)
- Experience in projects involving multiple stakeholders (internal or external)
- Good understanding of MS Project (or equivalent) and experience applying project management software to an active project
- Recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, AgilePM, APM, etc.) at foundation or equivalent level
- Experience in the remote sensing / Earth Observation industry
- Experience using SalesForce or similar CRM system, MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- Experience working within an ISO9001 Quality Management environment
- Practitioner or equivalent level recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, AgilePM, APM, etc.)
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat Constellation, KOMPSAT series of satellites and SuperView Constellation, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites. We have already launched our demonstrator satellite, VividX2, which provides the first full colour video data sets from space.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.