Earth-i is using Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to analyse images and video from geospatial data sources, in particular from Earth Observation satellites. Key areas of focus include object and feature detection and classification from imagery, including using object movement characteristics from video for enhanced classification. Additionally, we are using 3D models from multi angle imagery to further enhance object detection and classification.
The role will work within our technology team to continue development of models and algorithms to automatically detect a range of objects and features within the data sources swiftly and accurately.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant ML & AI
- Develop easy integration with other microservices in the Earth-i platform
- Meet security and privacy standards
- Support the selection and definition of algorithms and development approaches to meet the overall product and architectural design
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Experience in Python, with knowledge of Python computer vision, machine learning and 3D libraries such as OpenCV, 3D point cloud library
- Alternatively experience with computer vision implementation in other languages such as C/C++
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries and implementations such as TensorFlow, SciKit-learn, Keras
- Understanding of the principles of machine learning, supervised and unsupervised, decision trees, K-NN, SVM, CNN, DNN, GAN
- Familiarity with data analysis and visualisation libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, matplotlib, SciPy etc.
- Understanding of image, video and signal processing principles such as structure from motion, epi-polar geometry, classification, feature extraction, compression, image alignment, frequency domain processing
- Computer Science, Computer Vision or similar degree or relevant experience
- Experience with Cloud platforms, in particular AWS
- Geospatial data formats and principles such as geojson, GeoTIFF, coordinate transformations
- Geospatial visualisation and processing tools such as Leaflet, Google Maps, ArcGIS, OGC interfaces
- Image processing systems such as ENVI, PCI geomatica
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn about earth observation and satellite capabilities such as camera design and function, spectral and spatial specifications, orbital motion
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery, full colour video and other data sources.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat Constellation, KOMPSAT series of satellites and SuperView Constellation, and high-resolution full colour video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites. We have already launched our demonstrator satellite, VividX2, which provides the first full motion, full colour video data from space.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Python Developer to join our growing technology team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.