Earth-i is looking for a Front-End Engineer to work on our exciting Earth Observation data analytics and insights platform and products. Your primary focus will be to work on the development of front-end user-facing elements to deliver the functionality needed to meet our technology vision. As a Front-End Engineer, you will be expected to contribute to our software architecture as well as our technology standards and choices.
You will also be responsible for integrating back-end elements built by colleagues into the front-end which means a basic understanding of back-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications & services
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end Engineers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions such as databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Actively participate in the definition and design of key architectures
- Extensive experience in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (e.g. Django, Flask)
- Experience with Cloud platforms, in particular AWS
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Familiarity with data analysis libraries such as Pandas, NumPy etc. would beneficial
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good knowledge of libraries such as Asyncio
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (e.g Jinja 2, Mako…)
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Development of back-end for mobile application development (native or web) will be an advantage
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimising output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Computer Science or similar degree or relevant experience
- Experience with Java and related framework(s)
- Experience with C++/C development
- Exposure to image processing, machine learning and data science will be an advantage
- Experience with delivering microservices will be an advantage
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat and KOMPSAT Constellations, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Front-End Engineer to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.