Front-End EngineerApply Now
Earth-i is looking for a front-end Engineer to work on our exciting satellite earth observation data analytics and insights platform and products. Your primary focus will be working on the development of front end user-facing elements to deliver the functionality needed to meet our technology vision. As a front-end Engineer, you will be expected to contribute to our software architecture as well as our technology standards and choices.
You will also be responsible for integrating back-end elements built by colleagues into the front-end therefore, a basic understanding of back-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications & interfaces
- Integration of server-side logic developed by back-end Engineers with the user facing elements
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Actively participate in the definition and design of key architectures
- Expert in HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Computer Science or similar degree or relevant experience
- Experience with Python and Java and related framework(s)
- Exposure to image processing, machine learning and data science will be an advantage
- Mobile application development (native or web) will be an advantage
- Experience with utilising microservices will be an advantage
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products. We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat and KOMPSAT Constellations, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Front-End Engineer to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey. Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.