Reporting to the Security and Geointelligence Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of Earth-i’s geospatial intelligence capability. This will include identifying process, techniques and procedures for extracting valuable information from a wide variety of geospatial data sources, including Earth-i’s unique data capability. Working in close coordination with the technical development team, you will develop architecture and toolsets that will automate and optimise the extraction of relevant information to deliver a unique, value-added product for DSI customers. You will also have a role in establishing DSI markets initially within the UK and other ‘Five Eyes’ nations.
- Play a key role in the development of in-house IT systems and GIS software in support of the DSI output.
- Build illustrative use-cases that demonstrate the unique Earth-i capabilities in support of the DSI community.
- Provide DSI input, data and requirements to the technical development team to enable automated object recognition, change detection and terrain modelling.
- Deliver a wide-range of products and services to DSI customers.
- Assist the Security and Geointelligence Director in identifying and securing DSI customers and markets in the UK and beyond.
- Work closely with UK Defence partners to deliver a partnered solution to the Vivid-i constellation Tasking, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TPED) cycle.
- A degree level education in remote-sensing, geospatial or other relevant subject.
- Proven skills and a successful track-record in geospatial analysis.
- Experience of working within UK defence intelligence.
- Strong understanding of the UK intelligence community.
- In-depth understanding of geospatial It and GIS software tools
- Current knowledge of new and emerging GIS and geospatial analyses and methodologies.
- Solid problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
- A sound understanding of the contemporary global and security and threat environment.
- Current DV Clearance
- Understanding of the Five Eyes intelligence community construct.
- Experience of working with wider intelligence and security organisations.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build and maintain relationships and work as part of a diverse team.
- Persuasive and assertive with the ability to change behavior to ensure the optimum utilization of company resources.
- A flexible approach to travel.
- Ability to work proactively under your own initiative.
- Commitment to keeping up-to-date with innovation and technical advances, particularly within the geospatial, satellite and artificial intelligence domains.
- Excellent customer service and satisfaction ethic.
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat Constellation, KOMPSAT series of satellites and SuperView Constellation, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites. We have already launched our demonstrator satellite, VividX2, which provides the first full colour video data sets from space.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit an Geospatial Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.