GIS DeveloperApply Now
Earth-i is developing analytics and insights products based on Earth Observation images and video from satellites. We are using advanced AI techniques to derive meaning from the satellite data at scale.
Our products run on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform and we are looking for a GIS Developer to join our expanding technology team to work on our innovative applications and projects.
Working within the technology team to develop GIS applications and tools based on our technology platform to deliver features and functionality for our products and services.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, they will have excellent teamwork skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional approach.
The GIS developer role is key to the delivery of our Geospatial data in a way that is useful for our customers, and it is expected that the successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of open-source GIS software and frameworks.
• Continued development of our GIS platform, introducing new features and enhancing its capabilities and performance
• Maintenance of our GIS platform, ensuring its operations and planning any necessary upgrade paths
• Development of GIS applications, tools and processing pipelines to enhance our capabilities and to support the prototyping of new potential services.
• Aid internal development by providing data processing support or assisting in a variety of tasks as needed to support our AI development activities, proof of concepts and services development.
• Help with customer demonstrations and define customer requirements.
• Minimum 2 years software development using Python and experience of developing with AWS cloud infrastructure.
• Experience with open source geospatial solutions, in particular GeoServer and QGIS
• Experience with PostgreSQL + PostGIS
• Knowledge and understanding of OGC standards such as WMS, WMTS, WCS, CSW, WPS
• Knowledge and understanding of raster and vector file formats
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, GIS, or similar discipline
• Front-End UI development experience using React, Redux, Observables, or Node would be advantageous.
• Demonstrable abilities with remote sensing software, such as PCI Geomatica or ENVI would be beneficial.
We are an innovative geo-spatial information provider fusing multi-operator / multi-resolution / multi-sensor Earth Observation (EO) data including satellite video coupled with advanced analytics and geo-spatial experts to provide near-real time actionable insights.
Our mission is to provide unique and relevant insights, derived from diverse geospatial data, that deliver clear decision advantage for our clients.
We believe the Earth Observation industry must move from data processing to data science, from imagery to geospatial intelligence, from all-seeing to all-knowing.
The route to that goal is the new frontier of Artificial Intelligence and our gateway is Machine Learning. The goal isn’t just to understand the ‘here and now’, it’s building confidence for our clients to know enough to understand the future to their advantage.
Because everything happens somewhere.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.