GIS DeveloperApply Now
Earth-i is developing analytics and insights products based on Earth Observation images and video from satellites. We are using advanced techniques such as Machine Learning, AI, Computer Vision and many more to derive meaning from the satellite data. Our products run on the Amazon Web Services cloud platform and we are looking for a GIS Developer to join our expanding technology team to work on our exciting GIS Applications and tools.
Working along with colleagues in the technology team to develop GIS applications and tools based on our technology platform to deliver features and functionality for our products and services. The GIS developer role is key to the delivery of our Geospatial data in a way that is useful for our customers.
We use Agile development methods and all our applications and services run on Amazon’s Web Services platform.
- Minimum 2 years experience in software development in a GIS related role
- Experience developing software to analyse spatial data
- Have worked with remote sensing data, ideally from Earth Observation satellites or aerial imagery
- Mapping from remote sensing data
- GEO data compilation and presentation
- Working with location based data in collaboration with Data Scientists and Geospatial Analysts
- Use of tools like ArcGIS including APIs
- Knowledge and understanding of OGC standards such as WMS, WMTS, WCS, CSW
- Experience with client and server-side GIS technologies including ArcGIS Server, MapServer, ArcGIS Pro, QGIS and geospatial databases
- Experience in WebGIS development
- Development in languages such as Python, C++ or Java
- Web interface development tools
- Database skills
- Computer Science, Geography, GIS, Engineering or related degree or a post grad GIS certification
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Sound technical understanding of satellite data products, services and applications
- Ability to enthusiastically convey messages and benefits to clients
- Organised and with good time management sills
- Excellent business acumen and instinct
- Excellent sales and commercial skills; driven to achieve
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Independent operator with strong interpersonal skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good IT skills
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
- Spatial Measurement
- Land Use Classification
- Object and feature identification
- Logistics routing
- Transportation modelling
- Geoprocess modelling
- Topographic analysis
- 3D elevation modelling
- Experience in cloudGIS (scalable GIS processing and collaborative mapping) development desirable
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
Today, we supply 80cm resolution satellite imagery from the DMC3 Constellation, and in the future, from our own constellation of high resolution Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a GIS Developer to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role also qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.