Reporting to the DSI Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of insights derived from multiple sources of commercial satellite imagery, including Earth-i’s unique colour video collection capability in support of the defence, security and intelligence sectors. In addition to the more traditional elements of imagery analysis, you will work closely with the technical development team to drive innovative techniques using artificial intelligence and machine-learning that will automate and optimise the extraction of relevant information to deliver a unique, value-added product for DSI customers.
- Create value-added insights and products in support of a broad spectrum of customers from the DSI sectors.
- Build illustrative use-cases that demonstrate the unique Earth-i capabilities in support of the DSI community.
- Provide DSI input, data and requirements to the technical development team to enable automated object recognition, change detection and terrain modelling.
- Deliver a wide-range of products and services to DSI customers.
- Proven skills and a successful track-record in geospatial analysis
- Experience of working within UK defence intelligence
- Strong understanding of the UK intelligence community
- Solid problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
- A sound understanding of the contemporary global and security and threat environment.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build and maintain relationships and work as part of a diverse team.
- A flexible approach to travel.
- Ability to work proactively under your own initiative.
- Commitment to keeping up-to-date with innovation and technical advances, particularly within the geospatial, satellite and artificial intelligence domains.
- Excellent customer service and satisfaction ethic.
- Current DV Clearance
- Current knowledge of new and emerging GIS and geospatial analyses and methodologies.
- Experience of working with wider intelligence and security organisations.
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
Today, we supply 80cm resolution satellite imagery from the DMC3 Constellation, and in the future, from our own constellation of high resolution Earth Observation satellites, starting with our demonstrator satellite to launch later this year.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit a Imagery Analyst to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role also qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.