Junior Data Processing EngineerApply Now
Earth-i is developing analytics and insights products based on Earth Observation images and video from satellites. We are using advanced AI techniques to derive meaning from the satellite data at scale.
Earth-i’s Technology Team is seeking a graduate with a professional, client-facing approach to join them as a Junior Data Processing Engineer.
Working with our existing team, you will be mentored by experienced colleagues, offering a great opportunity to learn a range of niche skills across image processing, remote sensing, GIS and AI.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, they will have excellent teamwork skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional approach.
It is expected that the successful candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter holding strong A-Levels in the sciences or a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Geography, Remote Sensing, GIS or similar discipline, be IT proficient, and will be a quick learner.
• You will be provided with guidance and training as necessary, with expectations that you will take on the full responsibilities of the role as you progress.
• Client contract delivery responsibilities will include supporting or assisting in a variety of tasks, for example:
o Delivery of Earth observation data and ensuring customer satisfaction
o Customer communications throughout the scoping, procurement and delivery period
o Engaging with suppliers and preparing feasibility requests and orders
o Ensuring imagery is tasked, acquired, processed and delivered
o Conducting required value-added service activity, e.g. pan-sharpening, image registration, orthorectification, etc.
o Quality control of products, ensuring they meet required quality standards
o Customer service and troubleshooting
• Aid internal development by providing data processing support or assisting in a variety of tasks, for example:
o Data annotation to support AI development
o Data processing to support the proof of concepts and service development
o Generation of derived products through image processing, remote sensing and GIS analysis
Qualifications / experience:
• Technical or Scientific background or training
• Strong A-Levels in the sciences or a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Geography, Remote Sensing, GIS or similar discipline
• IT proficient with essential knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrable abilities with remote sensing and GIS software, such as PCI Geomatica, ENVI, QGIS, ArcGIS, GeoServer, MapStore would be advantageous.
• Python or similar programming language is beneficial.
We are an innovative geo-spatial information provider fusing multi-operator / multi-resolution / multi-sensor Earth Observation (EO) data including satellite video coupled with advanced analytics and geo-spatial experts to provide near-real time actionable insights.
Our mission is to provide unique and relevant insights, derived from diverse geospatial data, that deliver clear decision advantage for our clients.
We believe the Earth Observation industry must move from data processing to data science, from imagery to geospatial intelligence, from all-seeing to all-knowing.
The route to that goal is the new frontier of Artificial Intelligence and our gateway is Machine Learning. The goal isn’t just to understand the ‘here and now’, it’s building confidence for our clients to know enough to understand the future to their advantage.
Because everything happens somewhere.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.