Junior DeveloperApply Now
Earth-i is looking for a Junior Developer, with a focus on Remote Sensing, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, to join our Technology team and support our analytics and insights products.
Reporting to: Senior Developer
Salary: Variable – Depending on experience
Location: Guildford, Surrey & Home Working
Closing Date: 14 August 2020
- Experience in software development in a Machine Learning related role
Proven experience developing Deep Learning Algorithms, eg CNNs
- Have worked with remote sensing data, ideally from Earth Observation satellites or aerial imagery
- Familiar with environments eg Python 3, GDAL, Jupyter, OpenCV, Keras, TensorFlow, pytorch
- Knowledge in Remote Sensing, mathematical modelling, statistics
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Supporting Senior Developers on product and R&D projects
- Plan, write, maintain, test and document code for Earth-i applications and platforms. Code will adhere to internal coding standards.
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our tools, services and platforms.
- Review and contribute on a regular basis to the ongoing improvement of team practices and approaches with a view to making the team more effective and improving our service delivery. Where appropriate you will lead on delivering changes in working practices.
- You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager commensurate with the nature and level of the post
- Familiarity with AWS cloud platform (EC2, Sagemaker, S3)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools eg. docker
- Geospatial formats eg geojson, GeoTIFF, coordinate transformations
- Awareness of space platforms and sensors and experience on the operation of image processing and classification techniques
- Knowledge of key principles of satellite remote sensing, image processing, spectral analysis, photogrammetry and image understanding
Numerate degree (Physics, CompSci) with strong academic background
- A thorough understanding of emerging data science, computer vision and machine learning in particular with respect to remote sensing
Earth-i is an innovative British Geospatial Information provider fusing multi-operator, multi-resolution, multi-sensor Earth Observation (EO) data including satellite video coupled with advanced analytics and geospatial experts to provide near-real time actionable insights.
To find out more please visit www.earthi.space.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
#earthobservation #alternativedata #ai #remotesensing #geospatialdata #geotechnicalengineering
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.