Earth-i is seeking to hire a Junior Developer to join its busy and thriving geo-spatial artificial intelligence (AI) team.
Earth-i is developing automated analytics and insights products based on Earth Observation images and video from satellites.
We are using advanced AI techniques to derive meaning from remote sensing satellite data at scale.
Working with our existing team, you will be mentored by experienced colleagues,
offering a great opportunity to learn a range of niche skills across satellite image processing, remote sensing and AI.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in
written form, they will have excellent teamwork skills, be comfortable in a
dynamic remote and face to face environment and have a professional approach.
You will be provided with guidance and training as necessary, with
expectations that you will take on the full responsibilities of the role as you progress.
Aid internal development by providing AI model development and data processing support or assisting in a variety of development projects, for example:
- Data curation to support AI development
- AI model and data processing to support the proof of concepts and service
- Generation of derived products through image processing, remote
- sensing and GIS analysis
- Quality control of products, ensuring they meet required quality
- Customer service and troubleshooting
Qualifications / Experience:
- Technical or Scientific background or training
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physics,
- Geography, Remote Sensing, GIS or similar discipline
- Familiar with:
- Development tools. E.g. Python, GDAL, Jupyter, OpenCV, Keras,
- TensorFlow, pytorch
- Cloud computing (E.g. AWS)
- Developing Deep Learning Algorithms, eg CNNs
- Remote sensing data, ideally from Earth Observation satellites or aerial imagery