Earth-i is seeking to hire a Junior Remote Sensing Analyst with a strong Remote Sensing, Earth Observation, GIS interest to join its busy and thriving geo-spatial artificial intelligence (AI) team.
Earth-i is developing automated analytics and insights products based on Earth Observation images and video from satellites.
We are using advanced AI techniques to derive meaning from remote sensing satellite data at scale.
Working with our existing team, you will be mentored by experienced colleagues, offering a great opportunity to learn a range of niche skills across image processing, remote sensing, GIS and also AI.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, they will have excellent teamwork skills, be comfortable in a dynamic environment and have a professional approach.
It is expected that the successful candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter holding strong A-Levels in the sciences, a Bachelor’s degree in Remote Sensing, GIS, (Geo-) Physics, Geography or related discipline, be IT proficient, and will be a quick learner.
- You will be provided with guidance and training as necessary, with expectations that you will take on the full responsibilities of the role as you progress.
- Client contract delivery responsibilities will include supporting or assisting in a variety of tasks, for example:
- Delivery of Earth observation data and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Quality control of products, ensuring they meet required quality standards
- Conducting required value-added service activity, e.g. pan-sharpening, image registration, orthorectification, etc.
- Engaging with EO data suppliers and preparing feasibility requests and orders
- Ensuring imagery is tasked, acquired, processed, and delivered
- Customer communications throughout the scoping, procurement, and delivery period
- Customer service and troubleshooting
- Under senior staff guidance, assist internal development by providing data processing & EO analytical support in a variety of tasks, for example:
- EO Data processing to support the proof of concepts and service development
- Generation of derived products through image processing, remote sensing and GIS analysis
- Evaluation of new EO application proposals
- Assessment of new sensors both satellite and airborne
- Data annotation to support AI development
Qualifications / Experience:
- Technical or Scientific background or training
- Bachelor’s degree in Remote Sensing, GIS, (Geo-) Physics, Geography, or similar discipline
- IT proficient with essential knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Minimum. 1 year experience and demonstrable abilities with remote sensing and GIS software, such as PCI Geomatica, ENVI, QGIS, ArcGIS, GeoServer, MapStore
- Python or similar programming language is beneficial