Quality Assurance TesterApply Now
Earth-i is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Tester to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. The post holder will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches to the development team. Ultimately, ensuring that Earth-i’s applications and systems work correctly.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you.
Day-to-day we would expect you to be:
- Reviewing and analyzing system specifications
- Executing test scripts and reviewing results
- Authoring new automation tests
- Reporting and documenting technical issues
- Interacting with the development team
- Helping plan new software and writing acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with the team to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help triage and troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release / post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Proven experience as a QA tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with scrum
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software and able to lead in the provisioning of that technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- A keen, imaginative and thorough approach to exploratory testing
- Familiarity with Jira and GIT
- A pragmatic approach to coverage and smoke testing
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience using BrowserStack or a similar Selenium-based cloud testing platform
- Experience with Python
- Experience with at least one front end development framework such as React or Angular as well as a testing framework; Protractor would be ideal
- Experience with an API testing framework such as SuperTest
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with CI/CD deployments and working with build tooling
- Experience with regression testing
Earth-i is a UK-based provider of high-quality Earth Observation (EO) imagery and information services to a range of customers in sectors such as Natural Resources; Energy, Precision Agriculture, Financial and Insurance Services, Urban Planning, Emergency Response, and Defence, Security and Intelligence. Earth-i geospatial information solutions utilise very high resolution optical satellite imagery and other remote sensing products.
We supply satellite imagery from the DMC3/TripleSat Constellation, KOMPSAT series of satellites and SuperView Constellation, and in the future we’ll supply high-resolution video and imagery our own Earth Observation satellites. We have already launched our demonstrator satellite, VividX2, which provides the first full colour video data sets from space.
This is an exciting, high growth period for the company, and we now wish to recruit an Geospatial Intelligence Analyst to join our growing team in Guildford, Surrey.
Earth-i is an equal opportunities employer.
This role qualifies for a generous benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, private medical insurance, cash back towards dental and optical treatments, gym discounts, life insurance cover and pension scheme.