Earth-i Ltd (Earth-i/we/us/our/the Company) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The Sites are owned and operated by Earth-i Ltd (Company No. 08508188) of Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, 40 Occam Road, Guildford. Surrey
GU2 7YG (our Company Address). Earth-i processes personal data as a Data Controller, as defined in the Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The person(s) responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection can be reached at email@example.com.
The Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or to websites shared by other users. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The information we process
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect and process personal information so we can provide our service to you. It’s important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Please note that we do not collect any Special Categories of personal data about you (such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data), and we do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We collect and process the following personal data about you:
Information you provide
When you use our Sites or Services, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. You provide information to us when you fill in forms on our Sites, register to use our Sites or Services, subscribe to our marketing database, post material, place an order, request further services, report a problem with our site, complete a survey, or correspond with us (by phone, email or otherwise).
Information you provide us includes the following personal information: 1) your full name, 2) email address or login details, 3) telephone number, 4) the organisation you work for and its industry sector, 5) job title, 6) spatial and location data.
The data described above is necessary for the provision of our services and the fulfilment of our contractual obligations to you, and we rely on this as a legal basis for using the data.
Information we automatically collect
Each time you visit or use our Sites, we automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, network data,browser plug-in types and versions, languages, operating system and platform.
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use this information as statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, for system administration, and to report information to third parties.
We ask for your explicit consent to process the data described above. However, some of this information is necessary for the provision of our services and the fulfillment of our contractual obligations to you and we may rely on this as a legal basis for using this data if necessary.
Information we receive from HubSpot
We use HubSpot to collect information about how you navigate through our Sites, including information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. We use this information to operate and improve our Sites. We ask for your explicit consent to process this data.
How is your information is used
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer and manage your account, provide you with information, products or services you request from us, and to carry out any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To respond to customer service requests and other questions, concerns, or general communications from you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To administer the Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Sites safe and secure, e.g. by conducting analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system.
- To drive future product development in line with customer platform and technology use.
- To send our newsletter, product alerts, and other marketing communications about our products or services.
- To improve the Services and our marketing efforts.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of location data
The Sites makes use of location data sent from your mobile device or computer. You can turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the location services settings for Earth-i on your mobile device or computer. If you use these services, you consent to us and our partners’ and licensees’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve location-based and road traffic-based products and services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location services setting on your mobile device, computer or on Earth-i web services.
How long we store your information
We only keep your personal information for as long as it’s necessary for our original legitimate purpose for collecting the information, for as long as we have your permission to keep it and/or for any periods of time prescribed by law or regulation. Once your account has been deleted, we will only retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will delete your personal information when you delete your account or when you send a request to email@example.com
Sharing your information
Except as described below, we will not share your information with any third parties. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We share your information with selected third parties where they require access to your data to supply our Services to you, including:
- Our business partners (E.g. Twentyfirst Century Aerospace Technology, SI Imaging Services, Beijing Space View Technology Co.), for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. Your personal data will only be transferred to a business partner who is contractually obliged to comply with appropriate data protection obligations and the relevant privacy and confidentiality obligations.
- Analytics, hosting, CRM and cloud providers that assist us in the operation, improvement and optimisation of the Sites, including HubSpot, Fasthosts and Salesforce.
We will never pass your information to a third party for them to use in their own direct marketing without your express consent.
We are permitted to share your personal information with any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries or any ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We are also permitted disclose your personal information to third parties (without contacting you in advance or seeking your consent) in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Earth-i or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data will be one of the transferred assets and the purchaser will be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which it was originally collected by us; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data (or we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary) to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Storage and security
The security of your personal information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored on our internal servers and servers via Hubspot and SalesForce, and we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and management procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect. Customer files are protected with safeguards according to the sensitivity of the relevant information. Appropriate controls (such as restricted access) are placed on our computer systems. Physical access to areas where personal data is gathered, processed or stored is limited to authorised employees. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for storing this password and keeping it confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer hold your personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Because we work with partners and suppliers who are located or maintain facilities outside the European Economic Area (EEA), the data we collect from you is transferred to, stored at, and processed by companies operating outside the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your data is treated as securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR.
You can obtain more details on the protection given to your personal data when it’s transferred outside the EEA (including a copy of the standard data protection clauses which we have entered into with recipients of your personal data) by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you subscribe to our marketing communications, we contact you from time to time about Earth-i Ltd, including marketing messages relating to Earth-i Ltd. We will do this by email, text, LinkedIN inmail, notifications, phone call or other messages on your mobile device.
We use these communications to contact you with information about our products and services (and those of specially selected parties that may be of interest to you, in line with your marketing contact preferences provided to us either through the Website. All such communications will come from Earth-i Ltd.
You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing messages from us by opting out of any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently and that it will only be processed if at least one of the following bases applies:
- you have given your clear consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (or for us to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you);
- processing is necessary for our compliance with the law;
- processing is necessary to protect someone’s life;
- processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority and the task/function has a clear basis in law; or
- processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (except where there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests), such as:
- allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business;
- maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials;
- offering optimal, up-to-date security solutions for mobile devices and IT systems; and
- obtaining further knowledge of current threats to network security in order to update our security solutions and provide these to the market.
Your right to edit, access or delete your information
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- ACCESS the information that we hold about you.
- BE INFORMED of what data we hold and the purpose for processing the data as a whole or in parts.
- ERASURE – request to be forgotten (this is not an absolute right) by ourselves and our affiliates.
- RECTIFICATION – have any information that we hold about you that is incorrect or incomplete be rectified by ourselves and affiliates.
- RESTRICT PROCESSING of the information we hold about you (so that inaccuracies may be corrected etc).
- OBJECT to the processing of your data, including challenging any data we use for the purposes of automated decision-making and profiling.
- DATA PORTABILITY – you can obtain and reuse the information that we hold about you.
- COMPLAIN to a supervisory authority (e.g. the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK) if you think any of your rights have been infringed by us. (We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns, so please contact us prior to taking this step.)
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights) unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, or object to our use of your personal information, please email to us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so (such as to comply with a legal obligation).
We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach of your personal data when we are legally required to do so.