The value of satellite video
Capturing video from Earth Observation (EO) is one of the most exciting innovations to hit the remote sensing world in recent times. High-resolution, full-colour EO video is enabling fundamental and disruptive changes for the Geospatial Intelligence and Earth Observation industries.
EO Video provides several advantages over still imagery, for example:
• It enables faster and more accurate object recognition using AI and machine learning;
• It enables 3D models to be created to much higher precision than from a single stereo pair;
• It provides more contextual information to analysts and researchers, by capturing movement;
• It allows for more accurate change detection including detection of 3D changes over time;
• It provides the ability to mitigate patchy cloud and haze in a scene to derive a clear image.
Even richer use cases emerge when one combines EO video analytics with complementary geospatial information sources to generate information products for end users.